The Web Wheeler

Go Back   The Web Wheeler > The Web Wheeler > General Automotive discussion

Old 10-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Blanco
Reverse Mid-Life Crisis?

Thinking it might be time to say **** IT!

& start selling most of all my toys & just have one.

The Sammy need a complete Front axle.
The Bronco never gets the love it deserves.
Nor does the Ranchero & if I'm honest with myself, It not likely to ever get it.

Maybe sell all three & Recarpet my boat & get a nicer Camper?
& or maybe something like a Razor? Or Not?

I'm just so over spending money on toys & being I have so many, None ever get the love they should.

But I'm married now & the Sole Provider for the family..... Not to mention 50 years old now.

You like going fast?
www.Class3Racing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny
got the wood

Originally Posted by Clydesdale4x4 View Post

In WA person to person transfer, be it sale or just holding each other's weapon is felonius,
Old 10-08-2017, 12:40 PM
Mr. Flat Tire

Its a situation that we all will eventually need to deal with (or our loved ones will). I showed some restraint yesterday by not going to an auction and buying more stuff that I didn't really NEED. I get where you are coming from buddy. Being in CA, its not a cheap endeavor to undertake keeping up a fleet of toys you want to use. Here its a little better, but if you don't store them inside and winterized...its not good either.
Best advice I can give you....? Where does your passion lie? Not what do you like? You obviously like it all or wouldn't have gotten it....so what is your passion. Boating and camping? then putting funds there is wise. The Zuki is not a good boat or a camper. If wheeling is where your passion lies, get one of the 4wds fixed. One note on the side by side....I don't think you can license those for road use in CA like you can here. That might only make a difference if you want to use it on certain roads or in certain parks that require street legal vehicles. I believe its called a class 2 OHV? Anyway it makes it legal for use on normal roads also...just not interstates.
Your Falcon? What is its use? car show? commuter? Help keep the driveway from blowing away? Fund eater?
I have been going through this same process...thinning the herd slowly while figuring out what is really important to keep.

Oh yeah. Age is a number. I help a tree trimmer that is like 83? I think. Still shimmies up those things like a 50 YO. Rides his motorcycle too...lot slower than mine, but he is still out there living the dream (or his version of it called 'life') Don't just give up on something just because you are a half CENTURY old. On second thought....get rid of it all and start shopping for a nursing home, they aren't cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanco
I like them small.
Quote:
I was bored today & polished ...... it only takes a few minutes of soft rubbing.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:21 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to Blanco
Well, The back of the house flying off in the wind does concern me & these toys do are great for holding it all down.

Its just I have not gone wheeling in years a few times after getting married, but not much since then.
& now been a home owner I think more about the house.
I dont even have a garage & I'd like to fix things up around the house like building a garage & getting new carpet for the boat & dont need a new boat.

I'd probably be happy with my boat & a camping rig & a truck or something good for taking the boat to lakes..

Too many cars & not enough money to really fix up any of them.

& since I got the Caddy I've started to really like a turn key reliable comfy car.

You like going fast?
www.Class3Racing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopny
got the wood

Originally Posted by Clydesdale4x4 View Post

In WA person to person transfer, be it sale or just holding each other's weapon is felonius,
Old 10-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Mr. Flat Tire

I wish someone could tell me what I should do with it all....but no one knows me better than me. I'm getting Beater fixed to use while I get my others ready to use. Maybe with it fixed, I'll want to can them all and just stick with the motorcycles and the tractors I'm getting into. Its funny I've gotten rid of a handful of vehicles and don't see a difference except its easier to put them all inside now.

Turn key easy to run stuff rocks. Like my CBR. Add gas and go. Diesel...aside from needing an oil change and tires again in the spring? Get in and go with 200K. Tractors will be around as long as I have a farm. I fear that my wheeling days might be past too. HOURS long drive to anything worthy of locking the hubs unless you like mud.
Let me know what you decide....might help me. haha.

Quote:
I like them small.
Quote:
I was bored today & polished ...... it only takes a few minutes of soft rubbing.